The Most Wonderful People in the World!

Tuesday 9 April 2013

Happy Card!

Welcome one and all to my little space in blogland.  This is where I find a place to share some of my creative talent with the world. It seems quite impossible that sitting here in my living room, typing at my computer, you, whoever you might be, will be reading this, in another place, at another time. I am touched really, humbled, that I might make a difference in your life, no matter how small that might be. In this moment we matter to each other. I want you to know how important you are to me for taking the time to read this. If you are one of my close friends, know that your friendship holds me together in my toughest times. If you are just popping in to visit, know that I appreciate you coming here because your presence means you care enough to look at my work, and I am grateful for all the support and encouragement I have received from so many kind bloggers since I have started this new journey. I have realized that it isn't only about the craft, it is about the relationships, the support, and the generous sharing of time that we give to each other, that makes this blogging work. So thanks again for being here, in this moment, you are appreciated.

The card I am sharing today was inspired by many challenges. I love to read through and integrate many challenges together because I find that somewhat, 'challenging'! First off is the cardmakinmamas  .  Their challenge this week was to create a card with no patterned paper.  I thought that would be quite interesting because it is always so easy to reach for the dots and swirls and other delicious papers of which I have stacks of. (come  on how many of you are addicted too?) . Then there were two challenges with the theme of spring. These are the allsortschallenge, and the craftsandmechallenges .  Then over at cutecardthursday the challenge is to use something borrowed such as an idea, a button, a ribbon, or a sketch, which is what I used. I borrowed a sketch from a class I took at mycreativeclassroom.  Then the final challenge was from stampandcreate . They are having a month long April challenge which is to create a card with at least one die cut on it.  So having said all this...here is my card!
I embossed the top of the card with small dots, and made the bottom with different shades of purple stripes.  The flowers where made with my Cricut cartridge, Ultimate creative sampler. I cut out three layers, stamped them, inked the edges of the petals and added a pearl to the center. I love how feminine this card turned out. I could add a sentiment on the pink center space, but have left it blank for the time being as then I can add to it later.
Thank you again for stopping by, your support and encouragement mean the world to me.

8 comments:

  1. Your card look gorgeous!!!
    Good luck to the challenge!

    If you wish, come on my blog ... If you want, you can become a Member? Please! ... I'd be honored

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely! Thank you so much for sharing this lovely card with us at Stamp and Create! Good luck and I hope to see you back next month for a new challenge!
    Rene ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Cathryn
    Firstly thank you for visiting my blog and leaving such a lovely comment.
    Your card certainly has a feminine quality with the colour palette you have chosen and I am loving your flowers, they are gorgeous.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beautiful card Cathryn! You have definitely found the 'groove'....creating one fabulous beauty after another! These colors are so softly vibrant in a pastel kind of way! I think it is the pretty inked edges on the flowers that bring out the vibrance of your card! Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty catd Cathryn, love the design and colours. Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts this week for our Spring has Sprung challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Cathryn, love the pretty colours!
    Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful card♥ Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me Challenge.

    ReplyDelete