The Most Wonderful People in the World!

Tuesday 16 April 2013

Friendship Card

Hi my dear blogger friends. Today I have a very CAS (clean and simple) card for your viewing pleasure. But first I want to make a shout out to all those celebrating their 4th Blogiversary over at unscriptedsketches. Way to go gals, 4 years sharing your challenges, sketches, and fun for all!  I do so appreciate all the work that goes on behind the scenes to keep the challenges going for card makers like myself. Thank you all so very much!

I am using the sketch from unscriptedsketches for my card this week. I am using the theme Friend from addictedtocas.  I have added faux stitching which is the challenge from fussyandfancychallenge. I will be entering my card into each of these challenges.

This is a very simple card which would be easy to remake, which is one of the rules for a Clean and Simple card.  I have used a simple spring purple polka dot pattern background, added a stamped sentiment which I backed with yellow paper, and colored in with my new colored pencils. I added yellow bakers twine and a simple yellow silk flower.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog, your comments are so appreciated.

7 comments:

  1. I'm smitten every single time I see polka dots...especially on purple paper! You've created such a happy, 'springy' card - the perfect way to send a heart warming message to special people in your life!

    Thanks for joing in our blog-iversary celebrations this week at Unscripted Sketches :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wrap of twine .... such a happy card ... so glad you joined us at Unscripted Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathryn, such a cute card. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card! Love the twine! Thanks for playing at US!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty, I love the fresh spring colours. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fantastic card love the spotty paper and the pretty flower. Thanks so much for joining us at ATCAS

    Marie

    ReplyDelete