The Most Wonderful People in the World!

Tuesday, 5 March 2013

Technique Tuesday

Wow, its another day, and I had such a fun afternoon practicing new techniques I learned this weekend both at my scrap booking event and at a blog hop with kiwi lane designs . How fortunate I feel to be able to share this card with you today!

First off I am using a sketch I found at just us girls challenge blog.  I do so appreciate all the fabulous people who create sketches and offer them to us for inspiration. What a gift! I used a group of words and made my own stamp for the rectangle piece, which I ripped, and inked with Tim Holtz walnut distress ink.  I then used a rusty brown, and dark brown card stock piece which I also ripped and distressed with the same ink.  I then sewed all these pieces down with my sewing machine.  I have wanted to try this technique for a long time however I was so encouraged to do this when I hopped to Jenn Nicholes  blog and saw her amazing scrap book pages with machine stitching on them. I so love how this turned out and it was SEW much fun!!!  If you haven't tried this I would encourage you to pull out your sewing machine and do sew.  



The buttons I have used are antique bone buttons tied on with rust and brown embroidery thread, and the card itself is cut out with the design tool #2 from paper wishes , and inked with the Tim Holtz walnut ink.  Now the flower piece, which is my favorite part of the card is a vintage flower I learned to make at my scrap book event this weekend.  The flower is designed by Janice, and she can be reached at jkyp@telus.net

I am entering this card at the following challenges:

justusgirlschallenge: sketch

pinandtack:spark-your-creativity-now 

thatcraftplaceblog.anything-goes 

simonsaysstamps:anything-goes 

Thank you ever so much for stopping by. If you have enjoyed yourself, please consider becoming a follower.   I do so appreciate each and every comment that is left for me.



4 comments:

  1. I love it. Did you have to do something special for the stitching?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely :) What a fabulous design, I love it. Thank you for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge, hugs, Dawny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to be trying out new techniques! This is lovely! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, I really love the flower it's gorgeous. That Craft Place Challenge Blog :-) Kezzy x

    ReplyDelete