The Most Wonderful People in the World!

Wednesday 17 April 2013

WOYWW

Hello blogging friends, who can believe it is Wednesday already? Another day to snoop around the desks of fellow crafters around the world! If you are new to WOYWW, please hop over to see Julie and you will discover everything you ever wanted to know about this crazy phenomenon "What's on Your Work Desk Wednesday". You will also find a lot of other desks to visit, and if  you haven't already joined, you can find out how to join in the fun yourself!

Today I haven't done any work to be totally honest, so I just put a few things together on my desk. A card I made for a challenge that I will be posting later this week, and a few new things I have added to my stash. So many people have oodles of markers, but I have decided to buy pencils to use for colors on my cards at this point as I am so new to card making and don't want to make a huge money investment right now. You can see my bag of Sharpie markers that I have, but I don't use them very often, sometimes for doing faux stitching, but not often for coloring because they are not acid free. When I purchased them I didn't know anything about the importance of being acid free. 
I have also bought some Tim Holtz paper and a few more colors to add to my distress inks.  I just love the Tim Holtz products,I am just not very familiar with how to use them, so I am looking forward to learning as I go.
Well, thats it for me today, thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you are having a grand time snooping around the world of desks on WOYWW.
Please leave a comment and let me know you  stopped by! 

13 comments:

  1. I admire those who colour, it is a fine art indeed
    Bridget #28

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathryn, lovely desk. I still use pencils, they're great for delicate colouring, sometimes I use watercolour over top of them and also use pencils over the paint. Happy WOYWW Gill x #82

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Cathryn, thanks for the visit,I'm not much of a colorer myself but love to use pencils with sansodor,I love your serendipity card tutorial, I'm going to try that, thanks for the inspiration...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathryn, penciled are the way to go. At least I think so. I sold all my Copics and bought more pencils. I find them easier to control and get better shading. I'm envious of the TH paper stack and you're going to love all of his products. Lots of tutorials out the on them. WOYWWer #3. Nan G

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the visit Cathryn! I tried Sharpies in the beginning too, but they don't work all that well for coloring. No transparency, and they don't blend. I held off buying any Copics forever, and used water color pencils. I'm afraid I have become a Copic addict though. My water coloring wasn't very good.

    I do have a few distress markers, some Staedtler ones, and some Marvy markers, and like using them, but even though I'm not great with the Copics yet, I seem to do better with those than anything else. I guess we all have different talents, and that's why it's great to have so many choices!

    I really wish my water coloring skills would get better though, I have a huge amount of pencils, and I like them better than Copics for scenes, so I keep practicing!

    I love the tutorial in your last post, your cards are really beautiful!

    Kathi #109

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to color- i recommend the Bic fine line markers- they are not very expensive and come in lots of wonderful colors.
    thanks for visiting and welcoming me to your place
    Blessings,
    Robyn 99

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your lovely comments. I really appreciate it
    Bridget #28

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Thanks for your visit and nice comment. I am the same, new to crafting and bought some Promarker pens which bleed through the paper. Now i use chalk pastels, colour pencils and crayola pens, they all work well.
    I too love Tim Holtz distress inks, so versatile.

    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Cathryn, thanks for the good sleep wishes as they seemed to have worked - been a bit upset by the thought of dental work I need and am too scared to schedule! I don't have many pens nor pencils, more of a coloured paper crafter and yes the inks are great for that. Tim has many youtube videos on how to use his products just pop along to his website http://timholtz.com I'm sure you'll find some inspiration there - thanks for visiting me already BJ#1

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the visit to my blog the other day - yes, my desk is too tidy for me too... hope my mojo comes back soon! Distress ink has so many possibilities and I used it quite often a few years ago - but I am not a real expert... enjoy playing and testing them! Happy woyww, Marit #100

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Inktense pencils, they are watersoluble pencils with a stronger pigment, more vibrant.
    Karen #61

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is pretty and you've got some nice new goodies there. I am really loving the new brighter distress inks.
    You are smart not to invest a lot in something you're not certain you'll use. I pick up Copic markers one at a time -- no kidding -- since they're so expensive. I have a hydrangea stamp that I know I'll use until the end of time, so I'm picking up lavender, pink, and green markers to use with that image. lol But I've also had good luck using watercolors so . . . it's all good. Happy WOYWW from Laura #101

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow gorgeous card, and loving the pencils. Have you tried watching some of Tim Holtz videos? He also has an online course which you can still buy, it's called Chemistry 101 and it's only around £20 or a bit less and I still refer back to it. It really goes in depth how to use his products and explains the difference between them. It's the best course I have tool and as I buy new things I refer back to it as you have life long access. Sorry I'm mega late. Happy woyww :-) hugs Kezzy xxx

    ReplyDelete