The Most Wonderful People in the World!

Wednesday 6 February 2013

Having a Wonderful Wednesday?


  

 

I hope you arrive at my blog having had a wonderful Wednesday! Here in beautiful Kamloops BC we have had a beautiful sunny morning, great for a little walk, and some clean fresh air. Today I had a very early morning, 5:30 am! For anyone who knows me, that is way too early for my creative body, however, since it is only the first early day in a while, I was able to be creative...yipee!

Today I made a pretty purple "Friend" card. The main anchor paper is a beautiful one I found at Michael's.  The other papers are all cardstock.  I used a metallic pen to ink the white papers because I couldn't find my colorbox ink today. I like the new effects this added to the card.  I used my Lacy Label's cricut cartridge to make the "Friend" Label.  I just love this cartridge, although it is very fussy and even more so when making smaller labels such as this one.  But the end results turn out so pretty!
One of the challenges asked me to use embellishments from my old stash, so the rhinestone swirl is actually only one third of the original swirled pattern.  I have had this left over piece for a few years gathering dust,and I love the way it compliments this card.  I also embellished my buttons with rhinestones for an added bit of sparkle!




I will be entering my card in the following challenges. Please feel free to visit these blogs, leave a comment with all the fabulous designers, and maybe enter the challenges yourself.  What a fun way to share our creative talents!

www.shoppingourstash.blogspot.ca
www.citycrafter.blogspot.ca
www.papertakeweekly.blogspot.ca
www.freshlymadesketches.blogspot.ca



I am thrilled that you have found your way to my blog and appreciate all comments that you may leave for me.  Please consider joining me as a follower and through email.

Have an awesome day !




6 comments:

  1. I love the sweet colours, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colour of your card ... so pretty ... Many thanks for playing at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! Love the bling and the prety color :-)Thanks so much for sharing this week at CCCB :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing with us at Shopping our Stash again! I love this rhinestone swirl - and purple :)
    I was actually coming to comment on your previous challenge entry, but realize now that you've linked to the main page of your blog. To make it easier to be found, here's what to do: click on the title of your post once it's published. Copy & paste that direct link when you link up with a challenge.
    The same goes for linking up the challenge sites in your post - click on the title of the post for the specific challenge, and copy & paste that direct link. That way when you're looking through your archives, you can easily find the specific information.
    Some challenges have incredibly strict rules about linking up, and I'd hate to see you miss out on a win because of that! I hope you found that helpful & not too bossy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card you have created. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous, Cathryn! The purples are beautiful and I love all those pretty gems!

    Glad you made creative use of your early morning!

    ReplyDelete