The Most Wonderful People in the World!

Monday 4 March 2013

Make it on Monday

Hi everyone, I hope you have had a great day and that you are looking forward to a great week ahead. I have had such a fun afternoon playing in my craft room with my tools, and a bunch of fun new techniques.  What a gift it is to be able to just play. As all of you know, things don't always work out the first or second time like we might like them to, so it is so luxurious to have so much time to try and try again to find new ways to make things work out in a way that just feels right...not perfect, but right.

Today I have a card featuring 'Snowflakes!' Although this may seem like an odd choice, my sister has a passion for snowflakes, and this card is for her.  I love the bold rich color palette of royal blue and white.  I embossed the white with my snowflake embossing folder made by Darice.  I cut out my snowflakes from the  Cricut classroom cartridge When It's Cold Outside. I also used Lacy Labels to cut out the background pieces for each of the snowflakes. For added beauty I added a pearl to the middle of each of the snowflakes. I am showing the inside of the card because I just love the way it turned out as well. I hope you will like my card.
Today I am entering my card in the following challenges:

partytimetuesdays: anything goes

pinandtack: spark your creativity now , anything goes

festivefriday: snowflakes

I am so happy you stopped by my blog today.  I appreciate each and every comment that is left for me. I would love it if you would consider becoming one of my followers.

4 comments:

  1. Love it. I tried to send you a message a few days back. Will try again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you're putting that Cricut to good use...I LOVE what you've done with it on this card! (I've barely started experimenting with mine, and don't think I have any snowflakes on any of the few cartridges I have.) The detail and shape of these look so pretty and delicate, and the background pieces add even more pretty detail! And you can't go wrong with crisp white on this bold royal blue! Beautiful, inside and out! So glad you've joined us Cathryn!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a striking colour scheme you've used, and how lovely those snowflakes are - I love the intricacy of them. And how great that you even finished the inside of your card! Thank you so much for joining us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. Love the color. Your inside is awesome too!

    ReplyDelete